pdx_wed is a community for people planning weddings in the Portland (Oregon) Metro Area, though we welcome brides and grooms from all across the state.
We have a few rules to make sure everyone plays nice, and I'd like to thank the wonderful weddingplans community for letting me borrow what took them years to develop. You guys rock!
1. Brides/grooms must be 18 years of age or older. In the US, individuals under 18 years of age cannot enter into a legal contract such as marriage without parental consent (in most states). As such, we ask that our members have reached the age of majority if they are planning a wedding. This rule does NOT apply to those who are participating in a wedding (bridesmaid, groomsman, etc.) If the bride/groom is a citizen of another country, they should meet their country's legal requirements. If there is any confusion, please contact a moderator.
2. Discrimination or generalizations, of any kind (based on race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity, weight, gender, etc.) will not be tolerated in this community. You are more than welcome to express your reasons as to why something "is not your style," but please respect others' preferences. We all come from different regional, religious, ethnic and financial backgrounds. This community is open to gay/lesbian couples, therefore we ask that our members keep an open mind. Acknowledge that others may think differently and be gracious about it when someone else challenges your opinion or the way you expressed it. If you cannot discuss the issue in a calm, rational manner, then do not respond. Anyone caught personally attacking another member will be warned on the first offense and banned on the second.
2. Do not ask for/offer software, books, fonts, etc. for free when they are not actually free items! We do not tolerate the piracy of these items. Unless it is legally offered by the author/developer for free, it's against the rules to ask for it or provide it. This includes torrents, links, etc. This is a zero-tolerance policy! It IS acceptable to ask for or share legally free alternatives.
4. Do not delete other people's comments to your posts. People are always going to disagree with you. In addition, if you feel someone's comment is out of line, take it up with a moderator. Moderators cannot see what you delete so appropriate action cannot be taken. Do not post to the community with comments disabled. This does not foster a community of open dialogue.
5. We will ask you to delete any post that is off-topic. All discussions must involve wedding planning specifically related to Oregon and/or the Portland Metro Area. You may talk about how wonderful your fiancé is or how nasty your future mother-in-law is, but it must be in relation to wedding planning. Use your best judgment; if you think it might even remotely be off-topic hide it behind a LJ-cut. If you have a question or concern about how the community is run or clarification of the rules, please take it up with a moderator instead of making a new post in the community.
6. We will also ask you to either delete or add more information to "one-line squees." We want to hear more information about your wedding planning than just one line about how your dress arrived!
7. No commercial postings of any kind! If you're showing off your invitations, dress, craftiness or recommending a vendor, that's more than welcome. If you're hoping to make cash off your post, please do not post. We do not tolerate posts made for personal gain. This means you should not post about an eBay auction you have created or try to sell us your services as a florist, photographer, musician, wedding consultant or any other position. This also includes trying to sell things you purchased yourself that you no longer have any use for (as well as doing so for your friends or family).
8. If drama errupts in the comments of a post, keep it in the comments! Any community post made to fuel the drama will be deleted, no warnings.
9. Put all large pictures (bigger than 400 pixels on any side), multiple images and long posts behind an LJ-cut tag.
10. We understand the need to vent about some things from time to time, but if you post a vent/rant with extreme language, please hide it behind a LJ-cut tag with a warning. Please do not post or link to content containing nudity (this should really go without saying). These rules are to keep this a respectful and harassment-free forum.
11. Do not contact vendors regarding other people's negative experiences. If you have a bad experience or a negative review of a vendor, by all means post-on, but the only person who should be contacting a vendor because of their bad performance is the person they wronged. No harassing of vendors for the experiences of others. This protects us all from liable and slander.
When you join, please let us know a little about you!
Name and/or LJ userID: Wedding Date: Bride/Groom/Other (please specify): Age: City/State/Portland 'Hood you live in: How long have you lived in Portland or Oregon? Your song/First Dance song: Wedding Colors: Formality: Theme (if you have one): Number of guests: How'd you meet your fiance?: How long have you been together?: Do you have a personal wedding website?: Have you read the community rules before posting this survey? Anything else you'd like to tell us?: